The BWY Foundation Course (level1) will further your understanding of yoga, develop your personal practice and widening your experience. The course provides a comprehensive grounding in basic practical techniques taught in the context of the philosophy that underpins Yoga. It is an ideal preparation for those who may wish to train as yoga teachers in the future* but equally suitable for yoga students who do not wish to teach.
* Completion of the Foundation Course would be advantageous when applying to join a BWY Diploma course and is highly recommended.
Foundation Course students must:
- Have minimum of two years’ class attendance with a suitably qualified and experienced yoga teacher.
- Be a member of the British Wheel of Yoga
The Course: The core syllabus includes preparation for practise, asana (postures), mudra (Sealing gestures), basic breathing, kriya (cleansing practice), pranayama (Breath control), concentration techniques, relaxation techniques, chanting, talks and discussions on the context and meaning of Yoga. Students are required to practise regularly throughout the course and are encouraged to reflect upon and make notes on their practice in journal form. Other than this there is no home written work and the course is not formally assessed.
Further information about the syllabus covered on the course is available and will be given to all students at the first taught day
Award: British Wheel of Yoga Foundation Course 1 Certificate of Attendance.
Dates: June 2017-February 2018 (10 days in total, one day per month, except Aug 2017)
Times: 9.30am – 4.30pm
- £500 course fees. £150 non-refundable deposit followed by 10 x £35 monthly payments. (if you decide to leave the course before completion, you will not be expected to continue with monthly payments, previous monthly ayments are non-refundable)
- £60 Registration fee (BWY)
- £34 annual BWY membership fee (students must become a member before the start of the course)
Venue: Garden Village Community Centre, Rosewood Avenue, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 5DD
Full list of dates for the course:
|· 25th June 2017
· 16th July 2017 (tbc)
· 10th September 2017
· 8th October 2017
|· 12th November 2017
· 10th December 2017
· 21st January 2017
· 25th February 2017
Two dates to be added
How to apply for a place on the course:
- Contact Robyn Creighton for an application form
- Tel: 07946413497
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the form and return it to Robyn Creighton. If the course is over-subscribed, students will be chosen based on the information submitted in their application.
- When you receive your confirmation letter, you will need to pay the non-refundable deposit (£150) to secure your place.
- Please ensure that you are a BWY member before you start the course (this is an essential requirement for you to gain your certificate of completion)