The British Wheel of Yoga (BWY) Foundation Course (level 1) will further your understanding of yoga, develop your personal practice and widening your experience. The course provides a comprehensive grounding in basic practical techniques taught in the context of the philosophy that underpins Yoga. It is an ideal preparation for those who may wish to train as yoga teachers in the future* but equally suitable for yoga students who do not wish to teach.
* Completion of the Foundation Course would be advantageous when applying to join a BWY Diploma course and is highly recommended.
Foundation Course students must:
- Have minimum of two years’ class attendance with a suitably qualified and experienced yoga teacher.
- Be a member of the British Wheel of Yoga
The Course: The core syllabus includes preparation for practise, asana (postures), mudra (Sealing gestures), basic breathing, kriya (cleansing practice), pranayama (Breath control), concentration techniques, relaxation techniques, chanting, talks and discussions on the context and meaning of Yoga. Students are required to practise regularly throughout the course and are encouraged to reflect upon and make notes on their practice in journal form. Other than this there is no home written work and the course is not formally assessed.
Further information about the syllabus covered on the course is available and will be given to all students at the introduction session & at the first taught day
|2022 Course dates:
|10th April 202
7th May 2022
11th June 2022
|9th July 2022
13th August 2022
3rd September 2022
|1st October 2022
12th November 2022
3rd December 2022
Times: 10am – 6pm
- £585 course fees. £200 non-refundable deposit secures your place. The balance is due on the first day of the course. (it’s important to note that all fees are non-refundable after the course commences)
- £60 Registration fee (BWY)
- £37 annual BWY membership fee (students must become a member before the start of the course)
Venue: SpiritLevel Yoga’s Studio, 19, Simonside Terrace, Heaton NE6 5JY
Introduction session & meet Robyn: Sunday 13th March 2022 – cost: £15
How to apply for a place on the course:
- Course information is available
- Complete the Application Form and return it to Robyn Creighton: firstname.lastname@example.org If the course is over-subscribed, students will be chosen based on the information submitted in their application.
- When you receive your confirmation letter, you will need to pay the non-refundable deposit (£200) to secure your place.
- Please ensure that you are a BWY member before you start the course (this is an essential requirement for you to gain your certificate of completion)